Individual investors can request information from Anthem's Shareholder Services Department or from our transfer agent, as well as review answers to the most frequently asked questions.

We strongly advise you to consult your tax advisor if you have any questions about tax implications of the demutualization and the exchange. The information below is provided for your ease of reference in response to frequently asked questions, and should not be construed as tax advice. You should contact your tax advisor.

Anthem, Inc. tax questions (IPO and all mergers)

Click here for a PDF version of the tax questions.

Can I sell my stock directly through Anthem or do I have to use a broker?

Anthem, Inc. has authorized Computershare, to introduce a sales program through its Direct Registration System (DRS). This program, which is offered and administered by Computershare, provides Anthem, Inc. shareholders with a convenient alternative to traditional retail brokerage methods for selling shares.

Participation is strictly voluntary and does not affect any insurance policies or benefits that you may have. Neither Anthem, Inc. nor Computershare Trust Co., NA, is recommending that you sell your shares or buy shares of Anthem, Inc. common stock.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Anthem, Inc. Shareholder Services at Computershare at 1-866-299-9628.

I'm a shareholder and I have moved. How do I change my address?

You should contact Anthem Shareholder Services at Computershare at 1-866-299-9628.
It is important to note that changing your address with Computershare will not change the address that is associated with your health plan records. To change the address associated with your plan, call the customer service number on the back of your Insurance membership identification card.

The shareholder is deceased and I'm the executor of the estate. How do I get the shares transferred to my name?

First, contact Anthem's transfer agent, Computershare, at the toll-free number 1-866-299-9628. A customer service representative will request information regarding your situation and send you forms to be completed and medallion-guaranteed by a bank officer. You will then need to mail back the forms to Computershare in order to complete the process. The address for Computershare is:

Anthem Shareholder Services
c/o Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078
Providence, R.I. 02940-3078

If you have questions concerning Shareholder Services, please contact Kathy Kiefer, Vice President and Corporate Secretary, at

I hold a Wellpoint, Inc. stock certificate. Do I need to exchange it for an Anthem, Inc. stock certificate?

No. WellPoint shareholders do not need to exchange their stock certificates as a result of changing our name to Anthem, Inc.

Who is the transfer agent and how do I contact them?

Anthem's transfer agent is Computershare. The toll-free customer service number is 1-866-299-9628. The mailing address for inquiries is:

Anthem Shareholder Services
c/o Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
P.O. Box 43078
Providence, R.I. 02940-3078

Does Anthem pay a cash dividend on common stock?

Yes, Anthem has historically paid a cash dividend beginning in 2011. Future dividends will be reported when declared by the Board of Directors.

Receive E-mail Alerts

Alerts are e-mailed to you whenever certain new company information is posted to this site.
Email Alerts Sign-up for E-mail Alerts!

Supporting Materials